Monday, October 17, 2016

Editing.

(mixing it up this week- doing a writing post today, and a book review on Wednesday)

So, I've decided that I'm going to edit my first and only completed book (as of yet), Worlds Away.

I'm not going to try to edit it. I'm going to do it.



As of right now it as a fantasy novella at 41k words. I'm a severe underwriter, though, so hopefully it will be novel length after I finish. Or it may still be a novella; and that's fine too.

I wrote this was a was barely 12; I finished it when I was 13. I'm almost 16 now and I haven't touched it since I typed it up then. So this will be my 3rd draft.

I love these characters but I honestly want to burn the book every time I look at it. I'm going to try to not burn it as I edit it, but I can make no promises. I want to get at least ¼ through it before NaNoWriMo. I'll probably be tweeting my feels about it as I go along.

Now to dive into the depths of editing.

E.C.


1 comment:

  1. GAHH editing is a scary, scary thing. I just finished second drafts rewrites (absolutely the WORST THING), and will be diving back into the third draft after NaNo is done. *dying* It's so hard, but SO WORTH IT WHEN IT'S DONE. Though it's hard to remember when I'm deep in the editing pit. xD

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete